Drinking juice becomes a lifestyle for many people nowadays. Do you like to drink juice in the morning? But I don’t refer to the juices made from juice powder or bottled juices. These juices may add in artificial sweetener which is not good for health compare with the juices that you make at home. Hence, I would like to recommend you 3 juices to relieve constipation. At the same time, these juices also help you to lose weight and enhance your health.
When should you drink juice?
- In the morning is the best time to drink fresh green juices. After drinking 2 or 3 glasses of warm water, then a glass of green juice can promote gastrointestinal peristalsis. Finally, you feel full of energy, relax, and happy through the whole day after you remove toxins. How wonderful that you can start a day with joyfulness instead of easy to get angry lol.
What should consider when preparing green juices?
1. The formula for 1 serving of green juice is 50 grams of vegetables and 150 grams of mixed fruits.
2. Drink ready green juice immediately to avoid juice become oxidized and loss of nutrition.
There is two methods to avoid green juices being oxidized fast:
Method 1: Put in a teaspoon of lemon juice in the ready green juices may slow down the juice to oxidize. It is because the citric acid of lemon juice is a short-term preservative on fruits that tend to oxidize and turn brown after being sliced, where its acid denatures the enzymes.
Method 2: Put in a small amount of arrowroot powder (葛根粉）in the juice. It is a stabilizer that prevents fresh juices from being oxidized and demixed.
3. A high-powered blender like Vitamix with 1265W plus rotation speed with 37,000 RPM is an advantage to let juices become thick and smooth within a short time. So much easy and convenient.
How to prepare 3 green juices?
Recipes for 1 serving only
1. Celery and fruits juices
- Celery 50g (contain 1g fiber)
- Red apple 50g (contain 1g fiber)
- Avocado 50g (contain 3.5g fiber)
- Pineapple 50g (contain 0.7g fiber)
- Chia seeds 5g (contain 2g fiber)
This juice contains 8.2g of dietary fiber.
- Prepare and wash the ingredients.
- Peel pineapple with pineapple peeler.
- Cut all ingredients into small pieces.
- Boiled celery for a while if you don’t get used to the taste of raw celery.
- Place the ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- The green juice is ready.
2. Spinach and fruits juice
- spinach 50g (contain 1.4g fiber)
- banana 50g (contain 2g fiber)
- red-apple 50g (contain 1g fiber)
- guava 50g ( contain 2.5g fiber)
- chia seeds 5g ( contain 2g fiber)
This juice contains 8.2g of dietary fiber.
- Repeat the same steps as above without peel pineapple.
3. Broccoli and fruits juice
- broccoli 50g (contain 1.5g fiber)
- orange 50g (contain 1g fiber)
- banana 50g (contain 1.3g fiber)
- kiwi fruit 50g (contain 1.5g fiber)
- chia seeds 5g (contain 2g fiber)
This juice contains 7.3g of dietary fiber.
Repeat the same steps as above.
- Add a small piece of ginger while blending the ingredients. Ginger helps to stimulate blood circulation. It also has gingerol that can relieve pain and swelling. Hot ginger water with brown sugar can reduce menstrual pain too.
- Add a scoop of vegan protein powder that may give you a glass of perfect juice that contains protein, vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, which always keep you healthy.
When washing an apple, if that is a wax-coated apple, there are 2 methods to get rid of the wax.
- Soak the apple in hot water for a while to remove the wax and wash it again.
Use a clean cloth or paper towel to wipe the apple with vinegar. Rinse it again.
( The wax used is indigestible by a human. Waxes will pass through the digestive system. But they may harmful to the colon if do not out with stool together.)
( Read also Does coffee help constipation )
To drink fresh green juices without taking much time every morning, how?
Wash and cut all the ingredients for a week. Then divided and put them into 7 Ziploc freezer bags, seal and freeze them.
Ready for 7 packets of ingredients at once can save time for finding and preparing in the morning. Love this method so much.
Just take a packet from the freezer and place ingredients in the blender and blend them. Delicious fresh green juices will ready within few minutes.
Famous people juice menu:
- Actress Shipa Shetty Kundra drinks a smoothie that contains almond milk, banana, raw oats, and honey.
- Supermodel Karlie Kloss drinks a smoothie that contains bananas, blackberries, almond milk, and protein powder.
- Supermodel Molly Sim drinks a smoothie that contains spinach, avocado, banana, strawberries, kale, hemp milk, and hemp seeds.
- The athlete Venus Williams drinks a smoothie that contains almond milk, banana, avocado, and protein powder.
The breakfast of these famous people has the smoothies that with banana. What are the advantages of eating bananas?
100g of banana provided 22g carbohydrate, 2.6g dietary fiber, 0.33g fat, 1.09g protein, 31% DV vitamin B6, 10% DV vitamin C and minerals (13% DV manganese, 8% DV potassium, and 8% DV magnesium).
The benefits of banana:
- Negligible fat keeps blood cholesterol at a good level.
- Dietary fiber and pectin promote regular bowel movement. A study proves that women who consume bananas have experienced faster peristalsis of gastrointestinal compare with women who never consume bananas.
- Manganese is important in bone development, wound healing, and metabolism.
- Potassium helps to maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure. It also prevents muscle cramps.
- Magnesium is important in glucose control and insulin metabolism which helps prevent type 2 diabetes and helps to relieve migraine.
- Vitamin C keeps your immune system strong and helps your body to absorb calcium easily.
- Vitamin B6 helps：
- to produce hemoglobin that carries oxygen throughout the body.
- To synthesis antibodies.
- To maintain normal nerve function and blood sugar level.
- To support liver function.
- These green juices may increase the intake of dietary fiber to relieve constipation.
- If you want a heavy morning diet, mix 50g-100g oatmeal with all ingredients. ( 100g oatmeal contain 9.4g dietary fiber)
- If you take these green juices as your 3 meals and between the meals eat boiled egg or nuts or cucumbers without taking other foods for 10 days, with regular exercise your health may have a good change after 10 days.
- You can have your own choice of 50g vegetables and 150g mixed fruits as you like.
Juices that boost your immune system during a covid-19 pandemic.
1. Red juice
beet root + apple + lemon
2. Orange colour juice
carrot + lemon + ginger
3. Yellow juice
pineapple + lemon + turmeric powder
4. Green juice
celery + lemon + ginger
During a pandemic, choose a vegetarian diet is a great way to boost your health. Furthermore, you should include proteins, whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and healthy oil. Protein can get from nuts, tofu, seitan, beans, tempeh, and eggs( if you are Lacto-Ovo vegetarian 蛋奶素). Eat low in fat, salt, and sugar whenever you can. In addition, drink juices as above or drink enough water, and do home-based exercise regularly may keep the immune system strong.
Avoid alcohol, it is not your healthy diet.
To keep long-lasting, fresh fruits and vegetables, place them in the zip plastic bag and store them in the freezer.
Corona Virus Prevention
Take these steps:
Wash your hands often or clean them with an alcohol-based sanitizer.
Cover your nose and mouth in public.
Don’t touch your face.
Maintain a safe distance from anyone.